Summer is here.. That means summer vacations and more time driving in the car with little ones. Are you worried about how you are going to entertain your little ones in the car on the way to the beach? Here is a list of activities for your kids to do in the car so that they won’t drive you crazy!
Here is a list of things your kids can do independently:
- Scavenger Hunt - Find a printable road trip scavenger hunt online and have them search for things on the list for the whole road trip.
- Get a new toy - Buy a new toy for your kids to play with in the car. New things always always keep my toddlers occupied for longer than a new toy they already had a chance to play with.
- Educational electronic games
- Sticker books
- Magnetic cook sheet - Pick up a cookie sheet and magnetic alphabet letters. Give them a spelling challenge or let them use their imagination to come up with sentences and then check if they spelled it correctly.
- Travel journal - Have them create journal entries everyday so that they can look back on them in the future and remember how they felt while traveling.
- Flash cards
- Felt board
- Listen to music
- Nap time
- Kids’ podcasts - I am a big podcast listener so it got me thinking, there should be podcasts for kids! I found some great ones that my children love. A few of their favorites are: Dream Big, What If World, The Alien Adventures of Finn Caspian, and Brains On.
Here is a list of activities that involve you:
- I spy
- Counting games
- Don’t laugh game
What car ride activities do you do with your kids to keep them busy and entertained on long car rides?